Friday, April 18, 2008

bits and pieces


Its been a while since I posted so I thought I should stop procrastinating and get onto it!

First I would like to thank dear Erin over at Design For Mankind who made one of my prints the Print of the Day last week. The print she chose is the one below, A Fanciful Event. She's very over the top and a bit lardi-da!

I am a bit of a magazine addict and have bought a few good ones recently (and a few crap ones if we are being totally honest). One called Preen which has very lovely pictures of pretty girls that have inspired me to get some work done. The latest Selvedge, with a gorgeous bright green Rob Ryan work on the cover, which I have yet to do more than just flick through, but the pictures are all so lovely I always get carried away with ideas everytime I open it. The happiness issue of Yen is just wonderful. I have read it from cover to cover and I want more. Lots of inspiring and exciting ways to find a bit of happiness and most importantly, maintain it. A good read if you've been feeling a bit down in the dumps with all of this gloomy weather we've had in Sydney! Also there is a lovely article on Zooey Deschanel who I think is so gorgeous! She has some music coming out that she and another guy made which is very exciting. I haven't heard any of it yet so I will keep you posted on that!

Not much else to report. I am working on some new things. Some more collages and some other little pieces that I think will be nice as little originals. More on that later!

1 comment:

/// said...

Awww, it is my pleasure, dear. And I LOOOOOVE Preen! Will definitely have to check out the other two! :)